Problem connecting

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Walrusaurus, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

Today, after coming home from a week long trip, I decided to upgrade my 3G to the 3.0 software. Prior to leaving, I had taken a small spill in a lake with my phone, but it quickly returned to a fully functioning iPhone within minutes and I don't (didn't?) think anything of it. So my problem is that when I connect my phone to my computer, it doesn't register. No opening of iTunes, no charging, nothing. I was thinking that this could have been because of the phone (and possibly the dock port) getting wet, but I'm not convinced since the phone's port was semi-sealed (with the port protector from the SwitchEasy Rebel if you're wondering) and because I can still charge the phone normally if I use the wall charger even with the same USB cable.

Anyone have any ideas? Or possibly know where the water detector dot thing is on the phone so that I might be able to tell if it has been triggered, then bring it to the store since it's still under warranty. Also, is it possible that it could be the USB port on my computer that's been damaged? (I checked the port with a normal flash drive and it worked fine, but maybe it isn't able to complete the necessary functions to connect to the iphone?)

Thanks a load for any help on this.

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

Thank you!!

Works perfectly now. Thank you so much, I was getting worried there for a bit :D

Thanks again