Announced iPhone features. Are you happy with them, or expected more?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Alex, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Are you happy with the announced iPhone features, or expected even more?

2. tonepro

tonepro New Member

Not sure if it is usable?

In the demo Steve never used one hand to operate the phone. I'm often driving and can't use two hands. Who uses the index finger to dial? Is thumb operation possible? I have a Treo now and I can tell you that thumb operation on a touch screen is very difficult.

3. Siilver

Siilver Member

im loving the multi touch screen, love the "Pinch" idea very nice! it just some thing different to do a old idea!
    instead of a button saying zoom in and zoom out, you have this and it does it very well!

4. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

I'm having mixed feelings, but all in all I am really looking forward to the release of this phone. The camera quality looked absolutely beautiful, the video display was clear, and the overall user interface was laid out nearly perfect. I love the look of the windows and tables that Apple does, trendy yet simple.

One thing I am worried about is what tonepro brought up... dialing when only one hand is available. Whether I am carrying a briefcase, driving, or anything else where only one hand is available, I still am able to make calls on my current phone.

Something else that I am unsure about is the text messaging. I am a huge texter; it's so much easier for those short conversations that don't need a call wasted on. The smooth screen is all nice, but I have no sense of hitting buttons. All I can do is hope that the word select application is as revolutionary as they say it is.

Overall though I would say I am pretty satisfied on the news that Jobs released.

5. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Glasgow, Scotland, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Mi

The iPhone exceeded my expectations, a week before I seen it I destroyed the whole concept and thought it would never work, only to eat my words later on.

The texting will be faster if anything, qwerty keyboard on screen.

6. orange_street

orange_street Active Member

its trendy and i am sure that such a trend would make certain people happy.
    as of now, the phone has just been released and they need know and understand the public opinions in order to produce better enhanced features.

it is a discomfort if u r not going to dial using thumb. but still iphone rocks!!!!

7. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

Same here, my grandfather told me about it on the news, and I was like.. "That's going to bomb so hard".
    [/QUOTE]
    Eh... I am still skeptical on that. I really, really want to see how this auto-spell/correction program is going to work out.

8. apple

apple Well-Known Member

To be honest with you, I'll admit that I think the text prediction thing will suck. I've never used a phone yet that has a good one. There's really no way a machine can read your mind.

9. Dr.Ead

Dr.Ead Well-Known Member

especially for the yourger generation which is used to typing with SMS jargon. and that can be quite annoying.

10. apple

apple Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I could be wrong. The Newton's text input from stylus was great.