Really don't have the $199 for the 3G-s, Should i just get the $99 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by cook4861, Jun 17, 2009.

1. cook4861

cook4861 New Member

I'm really tight on money but I need a new phone. I've got my eyes set on an iphone and i've done extensive research on the 3G-S. I really don't have the extra 100 dollars for it though, besides the 8gb storage difference do you think the speed improvement of the 3G-S would be seriously noticable. In other words is the 3G frustratingly slow and sluggish?

Thanks

2. piercedan

piercedan New Member

Although the 3G-S is a better phone, the 3G is still a very nice phone, and in my opinion is well worth the $99. It is a great produce in it's own right, and if you need a phone right now, get it. I just traded mine in for the 3G-S, and I see a difference between the two. That being said, I would gladly carry the 3G if that is what my budget dictated.

3. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

I agree. I don't find my 3G to ever be too slow, and I don't think the changes are really that great.

4. sharla

sharla New Member

People tell me that you should only buy 3g-s if you have the cash, if you have to wait too much, worth it just to buy 3g and no problem...

5. stingy1one

stingy1one Member

Well, I'm going to have to say I love my 3G and I'm not having any problems with it at all. But I am upset at the fact that I bought the 3g when it came out thinking it was going to be a good phone for atleast 2 years well atleast until the contract ended and now they come out with this 3G-S not even a year after the 3g came out WTF I couldn't believe it. So I'm going to stick with my 3g because I have a good source with apple and AT&T and apple still has 2 more years under contract with AT&T so 2 more iPhones will be coming out in the next two years.. So for all you guys running out to get the 3gs slow your roll and don't get too excited because next year your phones will be SO LAST SEASON..!! Lol this sucks but I'm waiting to get one next year ok feel free to comment, but I say just buy the cheaper one because next year there will be one more greater Iphone how? I have no F** ing idea but there will be.. Maybe next year the phone will be able to wipe ur ass... Lmao.

6. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

i thought of buying an iphone 3gs myself...however thought the features of the 3gs and the price they are being sold (at ebay also) is not very justified