iPhone Application Example: OneTrip

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by stirfryguy, Jun 13, 2007.

1. stirfryguy

stirfryguy Member

In May, forum user neven had correctly predicted that Web applications might be the only way to get apps into the iPhone. He developed and posted a demo application to the forums to get feedback.

OneTrip
    OneTrip is an iPhone-optimized web application (a simple shopping list). Since third-party apps won't be available on iPhone for a while, I thought I'd create a website you could load in Safari on iPhone to approximate having a custom widget.

With Apple's announcements that web-based/AJAX applications are the only way to develop on the iPhone, this example application has been making the rounds.

source: macrumors.com

2. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

3. kheyanne

kheyanne New Member

It's good to know that iPhone is yet continuing to develop, as predicted. The iPhone idea is another first of it's kind. And of course, it came from Apple.

4. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

Web apps are pretty good, they will unable updates to be easily done to the phone and make it that much more easier. Imagine if it would automatically sync for updates when you plug it in. That would be amazing.

5. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

I think it is a real shame that web-based applications are the only way for third-parties to develop for the iPhone. As a result, all of our applications will lose functionality when we lose service. For example, when on an airplane, none of your phone's applications will work. I wish that wasn't the case.