Iphone 3g newbie need help pleaseee!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by stevie_p, Jun 17, 2009.

1. stevie_p

stevie_p New Member

hey all just recieved brand new iphone 3g this morning. i am already on an o2 contract but i broke my fone. i decided to buy a brand new iphone as i thought being with o2 my sim would just work, but it doesnt!! does my fone need jailbreaking or unlocking?? my contract still has 15 months left so i hope i can get it to work!! i have unlimited web browsing in my contract so thought an iphone would be perfect!!!

any help apprectiated,

thanks

2. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

you need to jailbreak and unlock the iphone for being able to use the other sim card

3. eagle6

eagle6 New Member

I bought a PAYG 3GS from the o2 shop and just put my o2 SIM from my Nokia in the iPhone and it works perfectly. Any o2 SIM will work in a UK iPhone.

Have you activated it on iTunes?

4. spoiledcat805

spoiledcat805 Member

hey i am new to this site and need some help unlocking my iphone!

i just joined a site online called unlockediphone.com and paid for the new iphone 3G and 3Gs unlock software and i downloaded it but when i go to do the restore on itunes i can't select any of the downloaded files?

i have the 8.2 version of itunes which it says i need and my phone is in dtf restore mode and i did the shift key and restore to select the files manually but cant click anything!

has anyone come across this problem and if so how did you fix it?

oh and i already renamed the file as i was instructed to which was to make it an ipsw file so that is done, followed instructions to a T

5. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

i'm assuming the current contract you have is not with Apple and o2 then u r left with the following options
    you have 2 options:
    1. buy another contract from o2 to activate your iphone
    or
    2. my personal opionion....go ahead and unlock you iphone and start usnig it..

6. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I would suggest you to jailbreak it. As you have unlimited web browsing in your contract you can continue using it but you must have to do jailbreak if you wish to use other sim in it .