New member, New Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by acagann, Jun 15, 2009.

1. acagann

acagann Member

Happy to join this site. I am getting the new iphone in a few short days. Any tips on good apps and other? I currently have an LG Dare with Verizon and it sucks. Looking forward to switching to a real smart phone. Any comments appreciated.

2. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

congratulation.....you won't regret it.

there are lots of paid and free apps out there....once you get the phone...there is an App Store icon. there are something like top 25/50.....and people's reviews, or you can install the iTunes (you will need to install after you get the iphone for sync ur phone) and take a look at their app store there.

3. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

Yes you are switching to a very smart phone. Feels great to know that. Welcome to this site, I hope you can go through the threads and share your ideas with us. I would like to give you one tips for using iphone, take care of the battery.

4. spoiledcat805

spoiledcat805 Member

hey i am new to this site and need some help unlocking my iphone!

i just joined a site online called unlockediphone.com and paid for the new iphone 3G and 3Gs unlock software and i downloaded it but when i go to do the restore on itunes i can't select any of the downloaded files?

i have the 8.2 version of itunes which it says i need and my phone is in dtf restore mode and i did the shift key and restore to select the files manually but cant click anything!

has anyone come across this problem and if so how did you fix it?

oh and i already renamed the file as i was instructed to which was to make it an ipsw file so that is done, followed instructions to a T