Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by gina, Jun 15, 2009.
hi all im new to iphone i seen something about jail breaking your phone.
can someone explain why?
1. Install 3rd party applications via Cydia and Installer. The introduction of AppStore in iPhone 2.0 is the best feature for this firmware update. But even with thousands of applications available on AppStore, there are some other great applications, such as Netshare, banned by Apple to hit the AppStore for certain reasons. And this is the place where Cydia and Installer comes in and let you download all 3rd party applications.
2. Video Recording. To Compare iPhone with any other mobile phone in the market, there is one area iPhone would definitely lose - Video Recording. With jailbreak iPhone, however, you can easily turn the iPhone camera into video camera for video recording by using Cycorder or iPhone Video Recorder.
3. Change iPhone Looks & Feels. With jailbreak iPhone, you can use Winterboard to apply theme on iPhone and make it look even cooler.
4. Full control of your iPhone. With iPhone jailbreak, you can install a lightweight version of HTTP server and other similar servers. And, one server that most Jailbreak iPhone users are using is a SSH daemon. With SSH, you can connect to iPhone remotely and transfer any file to/from it.
5. Unlock iPhone. The most common reason for Jailbreaking iPhone is for unlock. This is one of the mandatory steps you need to through before you can unlock iPhone.
Separate names with a comma.