App store . Installer problems

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jaffa, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jaffa

jaffa New Member

Dear Guys

I have an iphone 8GB 2G version 1.0.2(1C28) model MA712 (about 14 months old but in good order), got it from ebay unlocked, I used to be able to use the installer on the iphone to download apps but since the app store became live on itunes I cannot download any more apps, the phone is still unlocked so any sim on any network will work with it, is it possible to download apps like I used to, would appreciate if anybody can give me some advice, I think the phone was unlocked using ibricker, not too sure. jaffa

2. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

r u sure ur firmware is still 1.0.2? maybe you should upgrade to 2.2.1, then jailbreak it....you have missed a lot of fun.
    lots of people use Cydia instead of Installer now. Most of Installer's app only work for the older firmware.

3. jaffa

jaffa New Member

if I go to settings/general/about under Version it says 1.0.2 I bought this iphone about 15/16 months back, I am going to sell it now on ebay (going for the 16Gb 3G S), its unlocked to any network but cannot download apps anymore, I have a few apps installed before the app store became legite on itunes, although its unlocked it cannot download apps, any other solutions before I sell it, or should I pass that on to the next buyer, will have to explain this predicament to them. jaffa