iPhone is one of the most dangerous phones for your health?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by AuDioFreaK39, Jun 12, 2009.

1. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39 New Member

So I've been to a few health seminars with my mom recently, and one of the doctor's was really stressing the subject of electromagnetic interference and its longterm effects on the body. Well, one particular research group has gone so far as to claim the iPhone to be one of the most dangerous phones of today. Check this out:

Blue Tube Headset - Help Keep Harmful Cell Phone Radiation Away

I understand that the Specific Absorption Rates (SAR levels) for the iPhone are as follows, with the maximum rating set by the FCC to be 1.6W/kg

*iPhone*: 0.974

*iPhone 3G*: 1.388

*iPhone 3G S*: 1.19

Cell Phone Radiation Chart - Mobile phone EMF safety shield

Is Mercola's advertising for the BlueTube just a bunch of BS (because the marketing seems very superficial) or will I be fine talking on the iPhone 3G S over speakerphone (which I do 90% of the time on the 3G already)? My mom has gone paranoid over the entire topic of EMI exposure and brain tumors. That said, I'm interested in your replies, thanks in advance.

2. Emina

Emina Member

I personally believe it's not all caused by iPhone, there are so many other devices we used today which also have electromagnetic interference, such as computers.
    Without iPhone, will be another phone or computer to replace it. We need to stop use such devices.

3. Sam100

Sam100 Well-Known Member

Not only iphone causes these EMI Radiations all mobile phones in this world causes these type of radiations but, in different ranges thats it. No one can say iPhone is the only dangerous phone in the world.

4. JTucker

JTucker Member

Nothing to do do with the numbers because I love my iPhone and currently installed a new apps for it and it's so amazing that nothing may be better than this.

5. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Cell Phone Radiation Scares = Nannyism Gone Wild!

I have a real problem with "studies" based upon speculation and phony extrapolations of statistics that are, themselves, unreliable.

We suffer from a daily litany of false alarms about this product and that product. But if we happen to come across one such report that is justified, then we panic thinking that perhaps all of these foolish alerts are valid.

If there is a sound and thorough scientific examination of a matter or product and it finds a flaw, then it is absolutely in the public interest to share that information. Absent such a study, please keep it to yourself.