Is this Iphone or fake? and can it be used: newbie

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by timspd69, Jun 11, 2009.

1. timspd69

timspd69 New Member

Hello all,

I have recently been supplied two Apple iphone 16gb from china and i can't connect the phone to itunes. When i plug the phone into PC with Itunes installed it doesn't even come up at all; only that its a mass storage device. I even spoke to Apple about it and they asked me to find 'General' in the settings and its not there, nor is airplane mode. Also it has no WiFi and the back of the box has only a small amount of writing and no barcodes of model number displayed. But i have checked the storage capacity on the phone and it says 14500MB.

I asked for genuine iphone product and i got this!!

The supplier also said it was part number: MB496X/A

when on the back of the phone it only has:

iPhone
    16GB
    Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China
    Model no: A1241 FCC ID: BCGA1241 IC ID: 579C-A1241

Also attached are some photos of the phone.

Does anyone have any knoweldge of these phones and is it at all possible to unlock for use as a normal iphone?

2. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

Its a fake. No way to use it as a normal iPhone.

3. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

you got a fake iphone...but it is still a working cell phone.

some Chinese companies make the exactly looks like fake iPhone. some of them can even put 2 sim cards in it, and the battery is changeable.

if you want to buy any cell phone in China...be careful....the one they hand over to you after you paid maybe is not the one they show to you.

4. Big-jae

Big-jae New Member

yeah the iphone never has had a chrome backing like an itouch so that should've been a dead giveaway that it was a fake

5. Sam100

Sam100 Well-Known Member

When ever, you want to buy an Apple product especially iPhone Please go to the Apple Store. So that you can be sure that your product might be atleat 99.99% Original.

In which ever part of the world you might be go to an Apple Store to get an iPhone here after. And do report to Apple about from where & which place you were cheated, so that you can prevent the others getting cheated the same way.

6. steve_harmison4

steve_harmison4 New Member

This certainly is a fake iphone.As far as the pictures look,it is still a workable phone.From the next time just try to buy iphones from Apple store to avoid future hassles.This way you will get your hands on the genuine one's only.

7. garykirsten63

garykirsten63 Well-Known Member

I agree with all other members. Your picture shows that it is fake. It is looking as like as original iphone but this is the basic point of cheating with you. Be careful next time.

8. keithfer15

keithfer15 New Member

there are two types of iPhones, a chinese company is also making iPhones, so you need to be very careful when purshasing else you will lose a lot of money
    i brought an original Apple iPhone last week from an online store

9. thinhvy

thinhvy New Member

i got the same model number like this but my one from apple

10. LittleMiss3Guser

LittleMiss3Guser New Member

It's Fake,I Got One Like Yours As a Gift And It Doesn't Work.I'm So Happy I Got My Real Iphone.So Get The Iphone From Apple.