Is there an apps download limit?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by IAN_ST, Jun 8, 2009.

1. IAN_ST

IAN_ST Member

I've had my iPhone 16gb a few days now, and i've been downloading loads of free apps.

Trouble is, it seems to not be installing any more apps i download. The download seems to be ok, but it doesn't install and the icon doesn't appear on the screen.

I have 9 full screens of apps now. Is that the limit? I have only used approx 2 to 2.5 space on phone.

Thanks.

Ian.

2. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

how do you know the download is ok?
    normally the icon will appear with a progress bar on the bottom....so no icon maybe means no download.

by the way, you have only used 2 to 2.5 space? you probably want to check how many GB you still have on your phone by going to Settings->General->About to see how many MB or GB is still available

3. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

9 is the maximum number of pages you can have on the current software. When 3.0 comes out, that number will be raised to 11.

4. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

^^^^^^ 11 pages, but more apps then that can be used. You'll have to use the Searchlight to find the ones past page 11

5. arif0055

arif0055 New Member

hi... i am facing the same problem with the os 2.2.1....the max pages are 9...how can i hav more apps wit the same os...can u plz help

6. arif0055

arif0055 New Member

hi... is there any downloading limit for my iphone 3g with the os 2.2.1,,,,,,coz i cant view the apps after 9 pages in my homescreen....though the instaling is correct from itunes..........

7. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

You can't have more than that with the 2.2.1 software. The max is 9 pages