Help please!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by talia09, Jun 7, 2009.

1. talia09

talia09 New Member

Ok so recently my friend sold me his iphone for $50 can you believe that. So i went and tried to delete everything off but it was to slow so i went to the computer and hit update in itunes. but my friend took his sim card out so i got screwed. So now my phone is on that screen where ll you can do is emergency calls, and you see the plug into itunes screen. My goal is to just use the phone as an ipod for the time being so ive been told i should jailbreak it since i cant activate it with att right? so im looking at jail breaking website, but one problem i keep incurring is which firmware is my iphone? i dont know how can i find that out? So pretty much i'm just asking for SIMPLE EASY instructions to jailbreak my iphone. Can anyone show me how to do that? And even if you have to call me and help me to work it out i would GREATLY appreciate it. I live in Pa.
    Its a 2g by the way
    thanks so much!

i hope i can get it working

Talia

2. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

try ziPhone....it will unlock the phone from 1.1.1 to 2.2....it dones't care what version firmware you have. by the way..it's free...and really easy. 10 minutes at most.
    Download ZiPhoneWin-3.0.exe - File Qube

3. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

Hook it up to iTunes and click update, it should find the latest firmware for it. If you are wanting to unlock it down the road, then download the 2.2 firmware from a torrent, and hold shift and click update in iTunes, select the firmware file, and voila. Then download the correct QuickPWN for the firmware you installed.