Help how to Jailbreak PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by talia09, Jun 7, 2009.

1. talia09

talia09 New Member

Ok so recently my friend sold me his iphone for $50 can you believe that. So i went and tried to delete everything off but it was to slow so i went to the computer and hit update in itunes. but my friend took his sim card out so i got screwed. So now my phone is on that screen where ll you can do is emergency calls, and you see the plug into itunes screen. My goal is to just use the phone as an i[od for the time being so ive been told i should jailbreak it since i cant activate it with att right? so im looking at jail breaking website, but one problem i keep incurring is which firmware is my iphone? i dont know how can i find that out? So pretty much i'm just asking for SIMPLE EASY instructions to jailbreak my iphone. Can anyone show me how to do that? And even if you have to call me and help me to work it out i would GREATLY appreciate. I live in Pa.

thanks so much!

i hope i can get it working

Talia

2. talia09

talia09 New Member

by the wy my phone is 2g. My main problem is i just dont know how to figure out what my firmware is?

3. zaeem001

zaeem001 New Member

4. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

try ziPhone....it will unlock the phone from 1.1.1 to 2.2....it dones't care what version firmware you have. by the way..it's free...and really easy. 10 minutes at most.

5. spoiledcat805

spoiledcat805 Member

hey i am new to this site and need some help unlocking my iphone!

i just joined a site online called unlockediphone.com and paid for the new iphone 3G and 3Gs unlock software and i downloaded it but when i go to do the restore on itunes i can't select any of the downloaded files?

i have the 8.2 version of itunes which it says i need and my phone is in dtf restore mode and i did the shift key and restore to select the files manually but cant click anything!

has anyone come across this problem and if so how did you fix it?

oh and i already renamed the file as i was instructed to which was to make it an ipsw file so that is done, followed instructions to a T

6. CalvinRSX

CalvinRSX Active Member

Follow this link and select the tutorial that fits your hardware for both spoiledcat805 and talia09.

iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone

This site also contains most of the firmware and tools you need to accomplish the jailbreak/unlock.

7. ksmccloud

ksmccloud New Member

Jail Brake Noob Question

I read about the step by step process to jailbrake the iphone, my question is: Once you complete the process, do I just go to Verizon & ask for a new sim for my newly jail broken Iphone or do I use the one that's in there? How does that part all work? Can someone splain it to me? Thanks for the help.

Kevin-new & lost!

8. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

Hi Kevin,

Jailbreak is not equal to unlock.....jailbreak will only give u access to Apple's OS file system and install thirdparty applications.
    its only when u unlock the iphone is when all the carrier restrictions is taken "off"
    so only when u jailbreak and UNLOCK can u use any other sim.