Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by dewberry, Jun 7, 2009.

1. dewberry

dewberry New Member

for starters i never owned a cell phone before so i was at the flea market and bought a iphone my brother says its a clone i dont know its black and on the back it says phone and below that it says 16gb and can hold 2 sims cards if its a clone can it be unlocked or jailbroken and i dont even know how to do that

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

well

For starters, It's definitely a clone since it has dual sim cards. In terms of whether it can be unlocked... I really have no idea, and it might be hard to find out if it can be (or already is) since it doesn't seem like it's from a company such as apple or HTC or anything like that where they might be able to help you find out.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

3. dewberry

dewberry New Member

thanks for help but is there anybody that could help i took the phone to a lady that sells cell phone and plans she said the phone was unlocked so my next question is can i go on flea bay and buy a unlocked sims card and make free calls or does a person have to have it jailbroke

4. iphonepro101

iphonepro101 Member

it's unlcoked cloned phone from China. if you have a working cell phone with sim card...then you can insert the card to use it.

i think you misunderstood the unlocked and jailbreak....there is no free calls.

unlcoked means the phone will take any carrier's sim card, but you still need to have the cell phone service to be able to make the phone call.

by the way...why wasted money on a cloned? it sucks....