Cracked screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by breakerforlife13, Jun 5, 2009.

1. breakerforlife13

breakerforlife13 New Member

i have had a dead pixel for about a month and was considering bringing it to apple cause i hear thats part of the limited warranty, but today i dropped my phone and it cracked my screen. was just wondering if they would give me a new phone because of the dead pixel (and the fact it was dead before i dropped it) or would the cracked screen void all hardware/manufacture faults.

2. CalvinRSX

CalvinRSX Active Member

The drop voids the warranty. Sorry man the pixel could have been fixed by a third party app from cydia called pixel checker.

3. revscpa

revscpa New Member

fix broken screen

My son's IPhone screen broke about a year ago and still works. It didn't cost anything, but you can carefully with all screen parts put together, place a laminated or screen protector over the whole screen and it will hold it together. Just a thought

4. steve_harmison4

steve_harmison4 New Member

I had a pixel issue which was really pricky in my sensitive eyes,after failing to fix this problem using Knox iPhone Stuck Pixel Fix app for about 30 minutes, I was about to start panicking. But then I had this silly idea after looking how that app work. So this is what I did to fix my iPhone stuck pixel problem:

1. Launch NES (assume that you already jailbreak your iPhone and install iPhone NES emulator).
    2. Choose and Start New Game. In my case I choose to play Mario Bros. Well, it doesn’t matter what game you play.
    3. Play the game for few minutes or second and hopefully the stuck pixel starts to disappear.

If you already play a game using iPhone NES emulator before, you should probably know why. It work for me, maybe it will work for you. But do try the iPhone Stuck Pixel app first.

5. mobilephonegeeks

mobilephonegeeks Member

You can fix the digitizer (glass) yourself than have apple fix it for your lcd...