iphone and plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by noodlez707, May 30, 2009.

1. noodlez707

noodlez707 Member

Ok well i have a jailbroken ipod touch and its fun but i have the itch to get an iphone,
    but i want to know what the unlimted data plan for 30$ comes with,

or about how much will unlimited internet and 100 minutes cost?
    thanks

im 14 and if i want one i have to convince my mom its worth getting but i do not know how exactly to find out the prices

also if i have unlimitwed internet anywher does that mean if i use a texting plan like freedom sms it will be free?
    thanks

2. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

The unlimited internet is just that, unlimited. No one that I know of has found a cap to it yet. The iPhone data plan includes the Internet, and visual voicemail. Check AT&T's website for voice plans, I think the minimum is the 450 minutes, and its 39.99 a month

3. noodlez707

noodlez707 Member

i mean like if i am in a place with no wifi and go on the internet i dont want it to cut into minutes i want it to be free, does the unlmited data plan cover that?
    and thank yes i have checked att and it is very vague / hard for me to understrand

4. noodlez707

noodlez707 Member

because if i have unlimited internet and anywhere you can buy texting apps so you can text using im or email, and you can also get apps so you can call people for free

5. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

The voice and data plan are completely separate. Using the internet on the phone does not use minutes at all.

6. noodlez707

noodlez707 Member

so wait if i buy an iphone 3g i dont have to buy a plan to use internet anywhere?

sorry for all the questions i just want to know what im talking about when i ask my mom, haha

7. noodlez707

noodlez707 Member

ok so the data plan includes internet and voicmail, so does that mean i will have internet anywhere,
    haha man iphones are complicated

8. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

When you get the iPhone, you will have to have the iPhone data plan (Covers all your internet usage) and the voice plan (covers your talk time). I would recommend a texting plan as well, but its not required. So to recap what you will need :
    1. iPhone (of course)
    2. iPhone Data Plan (If you don't opt for this at first, AT&T will add it on anyhow when they find you using the iPhone) This covers all internet usage when not on WIFI. It is unlimited.
    3. Voice Plan
    4. Text messaging plan (Optional, but worth it if you plan to text)

9. noodlez707

noodlez707 Member

ok so the data plan covers only internet?

10. Adam1389

Adam1389 Active Member

Right. Pretty much everything you do on the phone uses the internet somehow (Minus phone calls) Downloading apps, email, etc.