Profile of an average iPhone buyer

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Alex, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

2. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

Of course i think the household monetary gain will be larger, but i think the age should be lower. They underestimate the power of the younger generation.

3. stirfryguy

stirfryguy Member

I think the iPhone is more oriented towards the 20-30. It seems that way because the way Apple priced it. Apple isn't a Dell type of company whos aim is to be in every household. From what I know right now, it will not be a business friendly phone, but time will tell.

4. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Same i couldn't see my dad or my mom using that phone. :p

The age should be closer to the 20 mark :D

but i really agree with the Gender deffinitely more male than female;)

Great information

Thanks Alex

Sheen91

5. Kaizen

Kaizen Active Member

Males are more tech savvy and i do think the age should be lower. No way could i possibly imagine my mother or father using on the these.

6. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Well-Known Member

I think it is very interesting that so few people currently with Verizon want to get iPhone through Verizon.

Perhaps, it is because Verizon is so expensive and has such high deposits.

I know if I wanted a new wireless phone of any kind I would prefer to not go with Verizon.

7. missywins

missywins Member

I think the age sounds about right. I'm 27 which is closer to 31 then it is to 20 (as much as it hurts to admit that). There are a lot of guys in their 30's and 40's who are tech heads. They buy every gadget even if they never use it. My Dad has a Blackberry and he doesn't even have the email set up. But he just bought it for the status. And he'll probably buy the iPhone for the same reason.

8. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I think that it really caters to the younger generations and will be for the years to come, after all the older generations are starting to get to retirement ages and are getting comfortable with what is available. Although there is always those who have to keep up on the up and coming new things.

9. Sheen91

Sheen91 Active Member

Yes the iPhone really is for the younger generations.

And more for the male, i think, it is anyway.

~Sheen91

10. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Where was this information gathered from? And how does it really affect the market? I would only be interested in this information if it really made a difference in the marketing stand point. I am sure that they will market to target audience but will also market to sub targets as well.