Restore Needed

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by frustrated, Apr 27, 2009.

1. frustrated

frustrated New Member

Is there anything I can do?

I turned my iPhone 3G on today and it doesn't work. The following message is displayed. "Restore Needed iPhone cannot make or receive calls. Restore from iTunes. www.apple.com/support"

Unfortanately I am on the road traveling and don't have access to the PC used to sync with iTunes.

I downloaded and installed iTunes on my work laptop in an effort to get the phone working again, to no avail! The iTunes application displays the message: "iTunes cannot activate your iPhone because the SIM card is not inserted or a SIM PIN is required. Disconnect your iPhone, make sure the SIM card is inserted correctly and, if you use a SIM PIN, tap Unlock to enter it, and then reconnect your iPhone."

I don't use a SIM PIN that I'm aware of, even if I did there is no way of tapping Unlock to enter it because the phone only displays the keypad with a strolling text in different languages that reads "Emergency Call".

Any advise is greatly appreciated, I'm on the road with no Apple store in the immediate area.

2. frustrated

frustrated New Member

3. Sam100

Sam100 Well-Known Member

Hi friends,

Please try these steps

1. Turn iPhone off and turn it on again to see if that clears the message from the screen.

2. If the message still appears, charge iPhone for at least 30 minutes and then turn iPhone off and back on again.

3. If the issue is still not resolved, then this error message indicates that iPhone's software needs to be restored using iTunes.

Good luck.:)

4. seodino

seodino Active Member

how do u restore ur iphone? can anyone help me