Which Should I Get... 2G or 3G??

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by taurusx5, Apr 3, 2009.

1. taurusx5

taurusx5 New Member

Hi guys, I need your help in deciding which phone I should get. Should I get the 2G or 3G? I'm not interested in 3G speeds since I'll be using wifi on either phone. And both the 2G and 3G have the same wifi speed. Keeping this in mind, what's the difference between the two and which should I get?

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

As of right now, I can't think of any difference for you between them. The only ones that will come about will be when the iphone 3.0 firmware is released, where the iPhone 3G will get stereo bluetooth, and the original iPhone, will not be able to get that same feature.

Those are the only real differences that I can think of, but I may have missed some.

3. LurkingDanger

LurkingDanger New Member

It really depends on what youll want to do with it. The 3G is a much faster with data connections, but if you dont really use the internet much, you can probably find a much more affordable 2G device. :)

4. marry.williams

marry.williams New Member

i wuld prefer 2 if wifi is not required

Yeah i think you shuld better go for iphone 2 g if you dont use wifi or internet very frequently. I will go for iphone 3.0 since i use to make international calls very frequently since vopium gives free wifi to wifi call for iphones.

5. seodino

seodino Active Member

well in my opinion u should get the 3g cuz its the same the only difference is the memory..

6. nimrod

nimrod New Member

go with 3G if u need more speed on apps.