Hide text messages?

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by kystar, Mar 3, 2009.

1. kystar

kystar Member

hide text messages?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there a way to hide text messages? My phone is locked, but when i have a text or a missed call, you can that information, including the text!, just by pressing the button. Is there a way that i can hide that information?

thanks!!

2. vnvnvn2000

vnvnvn2000 New Member

The Apple iPhone has one annoying feature called SMS Text Preview that shows the name of the text sender along with a preview of the text message on the main screen whenever a new text message comes in!
    It’s a very convenient feature since you can quickly read incoming text messages, but it’s also a privacy concern. Personally, I tend to leave my iPhone laying around the house or in some place where someone else can come and pick it up and play around with it.
    It would be very tempting for someone to read my text messages if it pops up right in their faces! If it’s a message I would want rather have remained private, it would be very embarrassing. There are two ways to disable SMS Preview.
    Firstly, you can turn off SMS Text Preview on the iPhone and hide your text messages by setting a passcode lock. The only issue with this method is that it requires you to enter a passcode every time you want to use the phone. However, you can also set how long the phone has to be idle before having to type in the passcode.
    So you can set it to 1 hour, for example, so that if you receive a text message within an hour of using your phone, you won’t have to put in a code. The other way is to download a third-party iPhone app that hides text messages.

3. James Bond

James Bond Member

That is what Kystar was asking....
    What is the third party software that hides text messages???

BTW passcode lock doesn't hide it.

4. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

use intelliscreen

5. deepakjain.a

deepakjain.a New Member

and where to get this intelliscreen?

6. optimusprime

optimusprime Well-Known Member

7. astro9991

astro9991 New Member

The Apple iPhone has one annoying feature called SMS Text Preview that shows the name of the text sender along with a preview of the text message on the main screen whenever a new text message comes in!
    It’s a very convenient feature since you can quickly read incoming text messages, but it’s also a privacy concern. Personally, I tend to leave my iPhone laying around the house or in some place where someone else can come and pick it up and play around with it.