To Buy Now or to Wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by roadrunner1659, Mar 1, 2009.

1. roadrunner1659

roadrunner1659 New Member

Hello to All!

My gf and I are planning on getting the Iphone. She has the update coming up in March and I will be coming over from Verizon. I have two questions and figure you all might have the best answers.

1. We all know that the rumors are floating around of a new Iphone come this summer and if you look at apples track record as a company, all ipod and so far the iphone products are updated each year. So, the biggest question...should we get the current 3G or better to hold off till the summer?

*We understand that if this is the case then every summer a new iphone would come out...not saying we would update every year but being so close, not sure what to do.

2. If we did purchase now, and a new one came out this summer, what are the chances that AT&T or Apple would setup a way for current owners of the 3G to update to the new iphone at the upgrade price? If i remember correctly they did this for the first iphone when the 3G came out.

Thanks

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

iPhone Thoughts

First, I would consider waiting for the newer iPhone. The newer iPhone will likely be faster, have more storage, AND (please let this come to pass) just might offer a longer battery life between charges. Also, it may have other enhancements and it may offer new features that current models do not have.

When it comes to guessing what upgrade policy might be in place for those who do purchase an existing iPhone and want to upgrade to the newest model, I will leave that speculating to someone else.

Good luck with your choice. Let us know which way you have chosen to go!

3. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

I agree completely with waiting for the newer iPhone, but if slightly faster speeds and 32GB (just an assumption) of memory aren't that important to you, then all of the software related things, such as a landscape keyboard for texting and MMS (if apple does release those with their firmware update, which should come out around the same time as the new iPhone) would be available to get on the current iPhone 3G.