Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Terri, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Terri

Terri New Member

I am totally in love with the new iPhone, been waiting for this since i bought my first Treo (or the brick as i like to call it).

The only thing that concerns me is the fact that if the screen breaks the entire phone is useless!?

Any thoughts or insights?

2. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

That's a hard question. Possibly, that such a big touchscreen will be pretty vulnerable. :(

3. drcarol

drcarol New Member

Alex,
    How can I be first in line for one of these phones? I am a cingular customer, so can I be placed on some list to order one?? Carol

4. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

Hi, Carol!

iPhone is not available even for preorder now. We'll have to wait until June.

P.S. Thanks for joining the iPhoners.com :)

5. Siilver

Siilver Member

im sure the screen has a hard plastic on it
    and im sure Apple Inc will change the screen for you no bother just incase anything does happen to it
    what will be the cost lol

just be carefull with it, like with any phone people get new
    the 1st wee while its like a new wee born baby, but after a while you get used to what you can do to it
    thou it aobut and such

6. Dr.Ead

Dr.Ead Well-Known Member

then thats great! as long as they dont take away the phone and claim that the service period is 12 months.

i think this shouldn't be a big problem as Apple provides good customer service. and, just like any other phone, you should handle with care

7. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

Apple has probably thought of this way ahead of time and is using plastics for the screen. These screens, if I had to guess, are probably extremely durable, both in breaking and scratching. For $5-600.00 you can bet that Apple is not going to throw something on their product that is going to break after a couple of months. I definetely would not worry about the screen :)

8. Dr.Ead

Dr.Ead Well-Known Member

You have a point. The time when users found easy cracks on the nano's screen. Apple fixed it almost immediately.

9. www.myspace.com/maciphone

www.myspace.com/maciphone Member

i just can't wait to get one in my hands and see how accurate it really is. they did say it's the most accurate touch screen to date. but i don't see how it can be that durable, but still sensitive enough to feel your fingers

10. iUser

iUser Well-Known Member

Technology is just amazing like that.