Few questions regarding music.

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by Dartz, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Dartz

Dartz New Member

Okay, first off, I'm a complete iAnything noob. Mainly because the conflicting answers I get put me off buying things.

First, can an iPhone store and play MIDI files?

Second, can I upload music directly from a CD or hard drive to the iPhone?

Lastly, what is the maximum bit rate the iPhone can handle?

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

So, the iPhone, according to the apple website, does not support MIDI files.

As for the uploading CD's directly to the iPhone, you would first have to load them onto your iTunes, then add them to the phone as you would any other music.

And as for the highest bitrate it allows, it can handle Apple lossless files, but make sure theyre Apple lossless, not FLAC.

If they are FLAC, then you can simply convert them to Apple lossless using iTunes (feel free to ask more on that if you need more information) You will also need an application that will upload FLAC files to itunes. (If you're using a mac, Fluke works great)

3. Dartz

Dartz New Member

Damn, guess I'll have to make one that supports midi files. Thanks for the info, but I just need to know one more thing; what audio files are supported by it? I know it supports MP3 (obviously), but does it do WAV as well?

4. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

AC, Protected AAC, MP3, MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV