Next price drop

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by zordani, Feb 2, 2009.

1. zordani

zordani Active Member

When do you think we'll witness the next price drop for the iPhone? I'm not very keen on seeing it, because even more people will end up with subscription plans they can't afford, but that's another story. What do you think?

2. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I think that we will witness a price drop on older models Iphones in coming months. Apparently there is a big stock of these types of Iphones and Apple needs to find a way to get rid of them.

3. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

Well you don't typically see a lot of price drops after a new update or after a technologically improved release. I imagine we have quite a wait ahead of us before we see any real significant drop in price.

4. alicelas

alicelas Member

I imagine that the older models will drop in the relatively near future. As they become older, they become less desirable, so Apple will want to sell them as quickly as possible - that'll mean a lower price.

5. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

Time will come when newer versions of iPhones with much more better feautures comes, the older iPhones would really have a price drop.

6. csh

csh Active Member

If that is the case I think we might see a price drop in the future, but I personally wont be getting my hopes up too much, nothing like getting let down. :p

7. zordani

zordani Active Member

Ha ha, I don't like getting let down either. But, really, think about it, maybe it will happen in the near future, why not? Apple could go with an itunes model of sales, making money off of apps and such, instead of the hardware.

8. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Well guys I do honestly think that we will see the price drop in the near future. I read some other similar stories on some tech sites and they all mention the same thing.

9. zordani

zordani Active Member

If that's the case, then let's all just hope it happens. I do feel a little bit bad for the people who already bought iPhones at inflated prices, but the more the merrier, that's what I always say.

10. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Well isn't it the same with most IT products. I bought a brand new top of the line laptop about 6 months ago and when I check the price now for the same laptop its several hundred dollars cheaper.