iPhone competitors

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by yuiengja, Feb 1, 2009.

1. yuiengja

yuiengja New Member

I am studying Marketing and doing the iPhone Marketing plan. Could you help me for the competitors of iPhone? Since I am a newbie for Mobile phone product, I really need your help.
    :)

2. zordani

zordani Active Member

You could always Google it and find all the necessary details. You can start with the Palm Treo, the Google Phone and the latest Blackberry - those are the main competitors.

3. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

It also depends a great deal on which geographic market you are looking at. In Europe I would have to say that the primary competitors will be Nokia and G1 Phone.

4. yuiengja

yuiengja New Member

Statistics data

Thank you for you reply. I've found a ton of information in Internet. I do the marketing project at USA. At USA, I've found that Blackberry is the first iphone killer. Actually, I want statistically data about the market share for the smartphone company, but it is really hard to find one. Do you know for the good website?

5. csh

csh Active Member

I have to agree, the main competitor in my opinion is the Blackberry, but it would be best to browse around on google a bit to be sure. Good luck!

6. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

As far as I'm concerned Blackberry really is the number one competitor of iPhone, reminds me of a blog I have read a week ago that compared Blackberry Bold and the Iphone 3G

7. zordani

zordani Active Member

You could always email corporate headquarters of Blackberry and find out the information you're looking for, if it's such an important project. You could, at least, try.

8. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I don't think that Blackberry will give out the stats and information from their market research. You should try to get data from independent market research companies. Perhaps you can try Gallop.

9. zordani

zordani Active Member

If the research is in their favor I think they'll release it, send it to the press etc etc. So he might have a shot. But then again, Gallup is always a good choice.

10. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

You would be right about that I guess. If their research shows that they have a supuriour product and or service then I am sure that they would release the relevant research upon request.