How Hot does yours get?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by SpoiledAngel, Jan 22, 2009.

1. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

After several minutes mine get really hot. Now, obviously anything of this nature gets hot after awhile but it seems like it gets hotter then any of my previous phones.

Anyone else notice this with theirs or is it just me?

2. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

You know I have also noticed that this phone gets hotter than any other phone I have had. I am talking more than just warm, it gets extremely warm to the point that I turn it off just to cool it down. Any suggestions.

3. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

use it less
    thats the only thing thats gonna keep it cooler!

4. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Ha ha, use the phone less. That is a clever reply however not very useful to most Iphone users. I use my Iphone all day for a number of different purposes and I simply can not use it less. The Iphone does seem to get very hot during heavy usage.

5. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

This is one big problem with iPhone. Its charging as well as continuous usage for a heavy application heats it like fresh lava. It has even spoilt one of the casings. Its all discoloured.

6. scribesunlimited

scribesunlimited Member

Someone I know is working on a special invention that she thinks will revolutionize the phone industry. A small copper implant inside the cellphone will eliminate the heat generated somehow. I don't know all the science behind it all, but I'm excited about it. I saw a video of two cellphones cooking an egg. Scary... :-(

7. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

I have also noticed that it gets hot earlier as compared with other phones. When i charge it, it gets so hot that you cannot use it for a few minutes.

8. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

But we should not forget that there is a big difference between the old style mobile phone versus the Iphone. We used to use our phone only for calling and perhaps sending a sms message. Nowadays we use an Iphone for so many different reasons.

9. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

It is good to know that it is not just mine. I was worried there for a bit, but if this is common then I will just deal with it and hope that someone comes out with a way to make it a little cooler in the future. Thank you guys for letting me know!

10. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

Let's just hope that our iPhones would not explode due to overheat or whatsoever.