battery drain!

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by cobalt.rednitaj, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey i restored d backup frm ma previous fone into ma iphone 3g n it seems that battery drain is simply beyond limits... the whole battery drains out in arnd 2-3 hrs of usage.....wtf.... is really dis...hw much battery backup do u get?

2. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

if you use wifi and 3g then you'll get a backup of 2-3 hrs only.
    but if your phones ideal or you just use it for some calls and music only then you'll get a backup of 4-6 hrs

3. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Why would you get such a big difference in the time of the backup, because of what you are doing. I would like to hear more about this, as I do not understand why it would be less if you using wifi and 3g.

4. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Well I think that the obvious reason would be that you are using more of the Phone options then the more power it requires. It is normal for example then when you use the Wifi that the battery is being used more.

5. vlada

vlada Member

It is absolutely the normal situation that during the using of WiFi and 3G the battery of your iPhone becomes weak with the high speed. The using of the Internet demands a lot of energy. So, that the more information you will receive from the Internet the quicker will be the process of draining of the battery. There is no alternative.

6. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

I am absolutely sure it because you might be accessing wifi, 3G, or you may even be talking on you phone with someone. It happens mainly in all mobile phones including iphone. IF you use 3g or any service which requires network signals, it may have a battery drain. According to me its quite normal. Thanx for reading.

7. alicelas

alicelas Member

Pretty much... all of the above!

Even when it isn't doing all that much, the iPhone isn't a great battery saver. WiFi, however, is much, much worse - it is one of the most energy consuming things on the entire device. Use it, and you'll see your battery life decrease pretty significantly.