Battery problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by cobalt.rednitaj, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

Since the iPhone battery is sealed in and it appears that it cannot easily be replaced, what happens when it dies? Will you have to buy a new iPhone?:d:d:d

2. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

I think the battery is also included in the warranty, just send it to apple let them replace it then pay the replacing fee if there is then viola your phone would just be fine with the replaced battery. :D

3. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Here in Thailand they found a way for you to replace the battery. I paid around 50 Dollars for this "hack" and I am happy to have done it. I always carry a spare battery with me.

4. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

i had a bad experience
    my battery was under warranty but even then when i went to the apple store they said that the battery cannot be changed and that i would have to buy a new phone.
    i hated apple for that.

5. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I think if you have a warranty on the item, that you should be able to exchange the phone since the battery cannot be removed. I would return as a manufacturer defect. I find that anymore warranties are a worthless thing. I do not even know why they offer them anymore.