I'm starting to hate the iPhone!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by wikoogle, Jan 17, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle New Member

Yes, hate is a strong word. But slowly, I've come to hate this supposed all in one iphone 3G.

The phone's required monthly plan costs an arm and a leg. You're required to get the data plan, and they charge $20 on top of that for text messaging. You'll be easily forking over $100 a month just on the phone bill. That might be acceptable if the phone's feature's are top quality, but they're not.

The call quality isn't great, the speeds even with the 3G phone aren't that fast.

But the camera is my biggest disappointment with the iphone.

How Apple made such a crap camera into their premiere product, and then refused to update it with the 3G iPhone, I’ll never understand.

I’m still stuck lugging around my regular camera everywhere I go because the one on the iphone was so much worse than my previous camera phone.

Either include a camera good enough to replace the standard camera (my old phone’s 3.2 megapixel camera with flash took fantastic pictures), or don’t even bother including a camera.

Would including a bigger lense, 3.2 megapixels and a flash really have killed them?

I hate when people go the intermediate route.

Here’s to hoping that the Palm Pre’s camera is good. If so, I’ll be dumping the iphone for it or the HTC Touch HD at some point soon.

Pro:

They give you a plan that includes unlimited data. Correction, they REQUIRE you to buy a plan with unlimited data for 2 years. Then they charge an extra $20 on top of that for text messaging. Throw in the actual voice plan and it costs $100 a month. That's a pretty big pro if you often find extra money burning a hole in your pocket.

Con:

How Apple made such a crap camera in the iphone, and then refused to update it with the 3G iPhone, I'll never understand. I'm still stuck lugging around my regular camera everywhere I go. The iphone was so much worse than my previous camera phone. Would including a bigger lense, 3.2 megapixels and a flash really have killed them?

2. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey what i think is that i Phone is just a fad... it's just got looks and a nice looking firmware... it is more a status symbol rather than a good performance phone...

3. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I keep reading good stuff as well as bad stuff about iphone, i am not sure if it is really a good phone. Luckily, i am not owning one so i am just on crossroads. These plans really drive me nuts, who is going to spare $100/- for a phone alone?

4. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

The main reason why I think that the iPhone has so many pretty bad points is because Apple has never produced a phone before. Nokia for example has been doing it for more then a decade.