Apple Iphone Vs Blackberry

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by descorpio, Jan 17, 2009.

1. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I am thinking of buying an Apple iphone or blackberry, since i keep going to Nepal where there is no 3g service. I would like to know which is better?

2. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

Well if i were at your place, i would go for Iphone because its GUI is good and it has huge disk space.

3. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

It depends on what you would use your phone for. I believe that the Blackberry is better for business people however there are more entertainment options on an Iphone.

4. xiflada

xiflada Member

The iphone is really awesome to play with but jamesb is right. I think the blackberry is better for business use and the iphone is better for play :) RIM has some really great devices out there.

5. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

If you are planning to stay in Asia for some time then you should also not forget that there are not many places where you can service your Blackberry. You would be better off then with an Iphone.

6. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

Looks like everyone has given you quite a few things to consider and I agree you need to look into things such as - which will provide more areas of service, and which provides the functions that you need most?

There are enough differences between them that if you outline what it will be being used for most it will be a pretty clear choice.

7. Gumelil

Gumelil Member

I personally was a blackberry person instill recently when i switched to the iPhone 3GS. I had 3 major complaints about the berries

1. Browser - it was slow and not very modern (On the 8330 Curve). To check my bank balance it would take at least 10 min.s.

2. Track ball - A major step up from the old track wheel that RIM had on the side of their phones, but it still has it's down sides. For one it tends to get dirt and dust stuck under the ball and in turn the ball will stop rolling. Some people on the berry forums will talk about taking the ball apart to clean it, but if you take it apart it's like a puzzle which has to be put back together the same way.

3. Lastly the RAM. You can add an micro SD card to the phone to give you more memory but this only allows more memory for pictures, music, and video. It doesn't add any benefit to being able to add more apps to the phone itself.

Again i agree with the others that it depends on what you will be using the phone for. I personally like to use my phones for surfing, e-mail, and etc because that's one of the many joys of having a smart phone. and though i liked the berries, they were limited. For me it was a no brainer to switch. If you do go with RIM, i would suggest the STORM or of the like, something touch screen and without the mouse ball.

8. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

I Appreciate Your Sharing About Other Smart Phones

You have summed up your experience in thoughtfully worded statements rather than insulting anyone's product. We can all learn something positive from such a review.

Thank you.

9. Cleveland

Cleveland Member

The Storm2 is a great phone, but it still lacks all the above things... And I do see a lot of business people these days with iPhone's... i personally would suggest the iPhone.. I had a 2G when i went to BB and I'm glad I came back... I must have been nuts lol

10. GadgetGeek71

GadgetGeek71 New Member

This pretty much nailed it. I owned a number of BBs and even got a BES certification through my job. The BB is great as a email / business platform...and that's it. The iPhone (which I'm new to since last night) is more user-friendly and MUCH more pleasing to the eye. I can't say much for the call quality on the iPhone since I've owned it less than 24 hours. The BBs I owned had decent call quality and the speaker phone on the 8900 series was unreal. So clear, it was like an expensive office conference machine.

The Android OS (I still own and operate a G1) is a very close second to the iPhone...and it's only a couple years old. The Nexus One (N1) is a superb device with an speedy processor and an absolutely beautiful display! A co-worker of mine owns one and he has nothing but praises for it...and no...he's not a fan boy (nor am I).