iphone themes

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by xiflada, Jan 16, 2009.

1. xiflada

xiflada Member

I really want a Chicago Cubs theme on my new iphone but I'm afraid it might slow my phone down a bit. Will having a theme slow things down or not as much as I think?

2. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

Yes, themes will always slow your iPhone down as there will be more graphics content to process and some third party themes are also not optimized for iPhone.

3. csh

csh Active Member

Urgh, that sucks I really wanted to get theme on my iPhone, I guess I wont be doing that either now. :(

4. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Mate, it slows the phone drastically and you will no longer like it to be slow and remove it. Better keep it like that and natural look even enhances the iphone than artificial themes.

5. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey the natural look in itself is quite good and attractive.... the new theme is jus gonna change ur icon set and lil more stuff... if you really wana go in for editing your iphone look... go in for a change in user interface... ull surely like it

6. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

well

In my experiences, themes have not slowed down my iphone at all. It's not that much graphic use anyway, theyre basically just pictures.

7. csh

csh Active Member

Out of curiosity which theme are you using at the moment? And you say it hasn't slowed it down at all? Not meaning to hijack the thread! :)

8. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

I was (i have since restored to the original) running a gears of war 2 theme, sliders, wallpaper, lockscreen, springboard, and experienced no noticeable slow down or lag except for the very first time i restarted after installing.