I need some information regarding iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by fahadchaudhry, Jan 16, 2009.

1. fahadchaudhry

fahadchaudhry New Member

Hi
    I am on 3G network and want to buy iPhone. But as it is currently available on O2 and it's locked, I need to get it unlocked. But before doing this I have some queries and want to know about that.

Firstly, after unlocking will it function properly and effectively? Means, of course it will receive calls and messages. But what about other functions, like I heard that one can't use internet on unlocked iPhone through 3G or WiFi because soon as one connects it to internet it gets locked again and same thing about iTunes that you can't transfer files from iTunes to unlocked iPhone because it gets locked again or iTunes doesn't accept or detect the unlocked iPhone. Is that all true? Can one download applications from App store through direct internet or iTunes to unlocked iPhone?

Secondly, Can one update the software of unlocked iPhone? Heard that once you unlock iPhone you can't update its software then.

Any other issues with unlocked iPhone.

Waiting for your replies.

Regards

Fahad

2. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

dude.... search in your local market...m sure ull find many pros doin unlocking stuff and all dat accurately without any poblem... moreover if u wish to do it urself search over the net.. give it lil research work... ull surely find a right tutorial for unlocking the iPhone

3. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I think you are thinking too much on this issue, just unlock it.It is easy to unlock your iphone with a third party, then you have access to all the functions of your iphone.