G1 Phone vs Iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jamesb, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Hello guys,

My wife has been asking me to buy her a G1 phone but I am more of an Iphone fan. Are there any options on a G1 phone that are not offered on a Iphone or vice versa?

2. xiflada

xiflada Member

Well I haven't played too much with the G1 but there is a neat feature that i don't the iphone has. It's the way to unlock the phone, by sort of a pattern withe buttons, rather than typing some numbers. And also the scanning feature where if you scan a sku number it will generate the cheapest place tp but it from.

3. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

I actually tried out the G1phone and did a side by side comparison between the iPhone and the G1. Honestly, i was quite disappointed with the G1. Though it is a touch screen phone and is google based, it wasn't as sensitive as i had hoped it would be. Also the G1's shape in comparison to the iPhone was very un-attractive. The iPhone is very sleek and easy to carry and the G1 is rather square with a small rectangular black piece on the bottom. It gives you a feeling that its going to break any moment. The iPhone's music and app is mostly via iTunes store and is very organized, but the G1 is primarily all downloaded over the internet and stored in a memory device, music is bought through iTunes for iPhone, Amazon through G1. Not to mention the third party support for the G1 right now is very minimal versus the iPhone. Music is bought through iTunes for iPhone, Amazon through G1. The differences are very minimal, though my review of the G1 was disappointing when i did a side by side comparison with the iPhone.

4. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

iPhone is what I like because they are more famous and I love itunes. Google is also coming up with similar site but they cannot beat iTunes. Looks of iPhone are rocking and G1 looks an ordinary phone.

5. WPeterson

WPeterson Member

currently, T-Mobile G1 is not a good choice comparing with iPhone 3G.
    and significantly, those great apps running on iPhone surpass all others....

6. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

I think being loyal to Google does not help, we have to agree Iphone has crushed G1 in competition here, everybody knows iphone, almost nobody knows G1, that says it all.

7. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Appreciated Your G1 Review!

Cogbuddy, Thanks for the quick review of the G1.

It's nice to have a side-by-side comparison.

8. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

If camera is a need then i think g1 should be opted otherwise iphone has an edge over g1 if we consider all other features.

9. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your replies. One of the things which I really do not like about the G1 phone is the design. One of the reasons why I bought my Iphone is because of the great design. The G1 phone lacks a beautiful design in my opinion.