Steve Jobs On Medical Leave

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by blue frog, Jan 14, 2009.

1. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Tech/business pundits are going nuts about the announcement that Steve Jobs is going on a (6 months, I think) Medical Leave.

I heard that some of these pundits are speculating that someone may decide to sue over this event--because someone ought to have alerted them to this possibility.

This event has already caused a drop in the price of Apple stock. That may be a bit premature; Apple almost certainly has some stuff in the pipeline that will offset any hyper-pessimists.

According to the announcement, the medical leave is until June, 2009.

When you consider the context of this unsettled economy, you can sort of understand how someone who has suffered losses in the stock market may have a knee-jerk reaction. Personally, I believe that before Steve's medical leave is over, Apple will have a few announcements that will buck up the investment communities spirits--as well as the spirits of its customers.

2. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Definitely there will be some problems regarding this issue...This is not a simple issue after all..But Jobs has already announced another person as acting CEO in an email sent by him to his employees......Even Apple's trading was stopped for sometime due to unexpected announcement.But he should have made some alternative arrangements by now,having taken a prolonged medical leave.

3. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I read the news report today about Steve Jobs and its definitely not good news. He is the heart and soul of Apple. I think that his cancer is back as he had cancer last year.

4. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

I heard about Steve Jobs leave yesterday. However, it sounds like he may have been more in the baxkgroud of apple's operations for some time. I think this is just more of a shock to the public and stock holders rather then Apple itself. I think the company will be fine, and hopefully Steve Jobs will recover from his illness.

5. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

this is something very serious. If steve were to be in a position to not work for a while, apple would be really cutting a loss. like it was said earlier, he is the heart and soul of apple. He looks like he's going to be ok but i wonder if the information they're giving the media is bull to cover up something. :confused: