Some simple tricks in Iphone that you may not have known

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by descorpio, Jan 13, 2009.

1. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Press & Hold For Alternate Characters -

Just like that you use the T9 in other phones you can do this in Iphone too.Just keep pressing the button by holding it for a few seconds to display the various versions of the letter.

2. descorpio

Get a bigger keyboard for Web browsing

When you want to enter characters in safari,you can use this simple trick.Tapping Safari’s address bar brings you an on-screen keyboard. If you rotate the iPhone horizontally before you tap the address bar, the Safari window will switch its window to horizontal mode.The main advantage of this is that,the keypad will also be much larger than the standard vertical keyboard, making data entry a little easier.

3. descorpio

Find another way to scroll through Contacts

You always know that you can scroll through the Contacts list on your iPhone by two ways—flick your finger on the list to scroll up or down, or tap on one of the letters on the alphabet running down the right side of the screen to jump to contacts beginning with that letter. But there is yet another way to do this...hold your finger on the alphabetical list and then slide up and down—this will be a easy way to browse through your contacts in a more controlled manner than by flicking your finger at the alphabets..

4. descorpio

Easy browsing

If you want to go Straight to the Top of the page when viewing a long Web page, or you want to access address field in Safari, you don’t have to scroll all the way up,instead, just tap on the gray status bar at the top of the iPhone’s screen. It will get you immediately to the top of the current Web page.

5. tekgeeek

tekgeeek Member

holding the sleep button and tapping the home button will take a screenshot

6. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

Those are some really helpful tips you guys. There are quite a few up there that I had no idea about. I love finding out new things I can do on this. I am still amazed just how interactive it is and how much it allows you to do.

7. rick00770

rick00770 Member

Ditto, I just got my 4 g, having a great time using and learning, I love this phone.

8. dystedd2

dystedd2 Well-Known Member

I had completley forgotten about that little trick :) If you're not familiar with that feature, it can be a pretty huge time saver in my opinion. Thanks for the reminder!

9. naazlee

naazlee Well-Known Member

I simply like the tapping feature for calling. All you have to do is to tap on the call button the previous number you dialed gets calling. Also, some thing unique which is not readily available with the competitors.

10. naazlee

naazlee Well-Known Member

I feel the camera is a new and revised feature. The clarity has definetely improved and quality of the images after printing looks absolutely fantastic.