Voice Activated Bluetooth Headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by blue frog, Jan 7, 2009.

1. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Earlier today, I had a discussion with with someone in California who was perplexed about the iPhone not being certified for hands free operation as required by the laws of California. I misunderstood and thought that they just did not know about Bluetooth headsets.

It appears that, for California requirements, standard bluetooth headsets do not satisfy the needs of their law.

I just checked the website (BlueAnt Wireless North America - Bluetooth hands free, car kits and mobile communication devices for the USA) of my Blue Ant bluetooth headset to see if there might be any new products that may address that concern for the folks in California. Blue Ant does have a new voice activated bluetooth headset--the V-1.

They have a short (about 3 minutes) video to show how it operates. Apparently, you activate the voice activation by pressing a button prior to when an incoming phone call comes in, then in order to answer it, you raise your voice above the background noise and say "Answer" and you are connected with your caller. I don't know for sure, but this may be a solution for California iPhone users who want to comply with their state's hands free law.

2. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

If it works as well as you say it does blazer then that is a good deal. Sure beats paying $99 and still dealing with poor quality sound.

I've heard others say that they have ran into a lot of issues with sound quality when using a majority of the headsets so it is nice to see someone is getting a good result with something out there on the market.

3. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

i have a friend whos tried it out and hes pretty happy with the result.
    its ok to put in a few extra $'s if you are getting a good product.

4. scribesunlimited

scribesunlimited Member

I don't know why I feel this way, but those BlueTooth contraptions scare the living daylights out of me. Bad enough I'd look like an idiot talking to myself but, man, I have a bad enough issue with cellphones! :-D No telling what THIS is doing to my brains.

5. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

I agree with Cobalt, i have also heard very good reviews about it and its really good if you get a product which worths its price.