iPhone Lost

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jxh11215, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jxh11215

jxh11215 New Member

Okay, if I got a new iPhone because I lost mine, but subsequently found the old one, can I use the old one and/or give it away? Will it work if I give it to someone?

I'm asking because my husband has an eval iPhone from work, that he just put his SIM card in (from another phone). He can give back the work phone and use my old one so he can jailbreak it. Will that work?

2. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

Yeah if you jailbreak and unlock it anyways there's no problem.

When he would unlock his phone he'll be able to use any sim in it anyways, so he can use it no probs. If the phone is in warranty though, I dunno if you would want to jailbreak it. It could void the warranty and potentially means no services for your iPhone.

3. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Dont worry that the jailbreak will void the warranty.If thats the case then so many would not be doing that process.You can always bring the phone to normal condition using i tunes.Unlock the phone and use it with any network!!!

4. jxh11215

jxh11215 New Member

Does jailbreaking unlock the phone? He is an ATT customer already so I just want to make sure the phone component will work after jailbreaking.

5. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

This is one thing that has confused me quite a lot. I always used to think Jailbreaking means the same thing as unlocking, but as was brought to my knowledge by quite a lot of members around here, Jailbreaking and unlocking are apparently two different things. Jailbreaking means you can install third party apps, and unlocking means you can use a different operator. That is what I know till now tbh...

6. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

You can use the old one by unlocking it. You can then use it as a normal phone which works with all the operators.
    You can even go for a new plan from AT&T if you are not wiling to unlock your phone.

7. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I had a friend over at my house last week and he told me that his older version Iphone fried up after he upgraded it to the latest firmware as it detected the jailbreak. Can this be true?