Battery questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by attagirl2, Jan 6, 2009.

1. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Since the iPhone battery is sealed in and it appears that it cannot easily be replaced, what happens when it dies? Will you have to buy a new iPhone?

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

You will have to send it back to apple, and pay them to replace it, although I'm not sure of the price.

3. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

You send it to Apple, they see it, try as much as they can to claim money out of it, and ask for the required money, and replace the battery.

All this doesn't happen if its under warranty though. :) Just send it to Apple and they will fix it. Woohoo! :D

4. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

You'll need to send your iPhone to the company for battery service which will cost $79, and then $6.95 for shipping. The whole thing takes three business days.Also that all oyur data in iphone will completely be erased.Nothing about the price of the battery has been mentioned by apple

5. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Apple Retail Stores Are Another Option

Since I live about 20 minutes from an Apple Retail Store, I can just go in to the Genius Bar and ask them to replace the battery for me. Their services are free but the cost of the new battery will be my only cost.

6. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

The battery is not a user replaceabe part. This is one of the main faults of the iPhone and iPod touch. If the battery goes bad, it will cost you almost 1/3 of the retail cost of a new one (depending on the model) to get it fix.

7. csh

csh Active Member

I never paid much attention to that fault until now, I'll be damned if I have to pay 1/3 of what I paid for it originally, just to replace a battery. :(

8. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

The battery (being sealed) is really a problem so better take care of it to avoid replacing that would cost you another bucks.

9. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey i think , just move on to the apple store and they replace it then and there only!

10. mrsjprice

mrsjprice Member

What is the average battery life for the iPhone? I am thinking about buying one for my boyfriend and I know the battery on the iPod touch is rubbish so if the iPhone is not any better then I wont bother.