Smaller Iphone Model

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by jamesb, Jan 5, 2009.

1. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Apple is planning to release a smaller version of the Iphone. Many European consumers seem to think that the current Iphone is just too bulky.

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Watch MacWorld for Apple Announcements

While there has been a lot of speculation about Apple possibly producing a smaller iPhone, nobody actually knows what Apple will do until they do it. However, your question is quite timely--you may have an answer (one way or another) before the end of this week: Apple is attending MacWorld (which began today) and they usually make new product announcements during this event.

3. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

No announcement of the iPhone Nano yet. I don't think they're going to make something like that anyways, it'll be a waste of their resources as there won't be much demand. What the iPhone is meant to accomplish, the nano will never be able to.

4. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

Again, no word on a smaller phone yet. In my opinion, the phone does not need to get smaller. The fact that it is so thin, makes it portable enough. If you make it smaller, you will make the touchscreen harder to use for most adults.

5. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

There has been some rumours going on about the release of Iphone nano.Its to be based on the ipod version Nano.But nothing has been pointed about the size as well.But as blue frog pointed,there is no need for a smaller version.You can expect a gadget equipped with so many features to be smaller than this.

6. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

These are just rumors and there is no official information from Apple that the next iPhone will be small or not. BTW I am comfortable with the current shape and size as its slim and I need big screen.
    So, Apple just need to add more feaures and no need of decreasing the size.

7. calvindale

calvindale Active Member

I really don't have an Idea if Apple would release a smaller model of iPhone well let's just wait, but for me I'm much more comfortable with the shape of the phone.