AT&T Diminishing 2G Signal Strength

Discussion in 'Wireless Carriers & Plans' started by blue frog, Jan 5, 2009.

1. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

"AT&T has been quietly sacrificing 2G signal strength in an effort to speed up the build out of their next generation 3G network." This statement was originally reported on 8/24/08 and has been confirmed by an official story according to coreygilmore.com

I had been wondering for some time why my 2G iPhone did not seem to be doing as well as it did when I first got it (2/08). Now, I have an insight as to why. AT&T simply decided to screw their own 2G customers without informing anyone about that.

2. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

Well, I can see why they would want this to happen, especially if they only getting service user because of the iPhone. if they flush out the competition then it forces the others to have to compete or they get the customers. I think they are hoping to get the customers.

3. blue frog

Existing AT&T Customers Shouldn't Be Hurt

As a 2G AT&T customer, I am paying the exact same monthly bill as when I started (in February of 2008) but I am getting less service.

That sucks!

4. blue frog

Non 2G Podcaster Doubts Diminishing 2G Signal Stength?

Soooo, I was listening to one of my podcasts, of the iPhone genre. And, the podcaster, who gave a brief disclaimer by noting that he was not a 2G iPhone user, stated that he doubts that AT&T is actually diminishing the signal strength.

Oh sir. If you intend to retain credibility, please speak from a platform of experience. I, as a 2G customer, have indeed, experienced a drop off in signal strength. Your commentary usually adds value, this time--not.

5. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Second generation is extinct now in United States of America, it is third generation which is in force now, nobody would like to use old technology. Yes, you are right they should have informed subscribers in advance.

6. SpoiledAngel

SpoiledAngel Active Member

That is truly ridiculous. Granted most people do want the newest thing on the market but that does not give them the right (nor make it right) to try and force peoples hands that way by reducing their quality of service.

7. tekgeeek

tekgeeek Member

Yea it sucks that AT&T is stepping on its own customers like this.