Apple Iphone and Google Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by ctaylor52, Jan 4, 2009.

1. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

I am thinking about purchasing a 3G phone. Which one would be better the Iphone or the Google phone. I have read a lot of reviews but I am still confused. Is there more support for the Iphone than the Google phone?:confused:

2. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there is a lot more support at the moment for the Iphone then for the G1 phone. Apple is now the third most sold smart phone in the world after Nokia and Blackberry.

3. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Go for Iphone......Android is not stabilized yet....and Apple is on the second gen of their iphones.. and they have better support and also a lot of people have some knowledge of the iphone now and you will be able to get support somewhere or the other.

4. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Descorpio Hit The Bullseye!

The Apple iPhone is a WAY more mature platform than the Google Android offering(s). There are thousands of applications (many are free) in the iTunes App Store. Further, there is an abundance of experienced iPhone users to help you through any early challenges as you get up to speed in using this wonderful iPhone product.

Finally, both the iPhone (its specifications, more precisely) and the Operating System for the iPhone are made by the same firm--Apple. But, while Google has developed the operating system for its Android phone, there are many manufacturers of "Android Compatible" phones. To me, it's an easy decision: go with the phone where both the operating system and the phone are developed by the same people.

5. seth

seth Member

Have to agree with this, it's better to go with something where one person made the hardware and the software, they are bound to work together better.
    That said, the G1 isn't anything like as restrictive as the iPhone is, in terms of what you can put on it and all that, so it depends what matters to tyou.

6. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

If you compare iphone with g1, there is a big benefit of g1 ie... its open source but still i would go for iphone.

7. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I just read some news report today that Apple is experimenting with Linux as the operating software for their Iphone. This is also opensource and it could definitely be the trend for new smart phones on the market.

8. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

According to me, you should probably go for iphone instead of google phone. Iphone is well famous and has a great market and more than that, a really great support staff. Iphone is fabulous in looks and is much more user friendly. :) hope, that helped !!

9. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

There are just so many more games and applications for the Iphone. The service is also apparently considerably better for the Iphone. I also believe that the design of the Iphone is much nicer.