Video cables for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joeknows, Jan 3, 2009.

1. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

Has anyone bought a video cable that lets you hook up for iPhone to a TV? If so, what are your thoughts on it. Do you have any recommendations on what brand of AV cable I should get? I am looking to hook it up to watch videos for the most part.

2. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

The main thing is that you're looking at TV out capability for your device. To make the connection, you'll need to purchase an Apple universal dock and a Apple Composite AV Cable or the Apple Component AV Cable. The cable you should buy,depends on the type of connection outlets you have on the back of your TV.

3. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

There is no need to connect iPhone to TV. If there is a need, you can buy a dock which is quite expensive as no third party is manufaturing and then you need a cable which will connect your iPhone to a TV.

4. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey chk out ebay for apple docks.. though they are quite costly but are pretty useful!

5. cobalt7

cobalt7 Well-Known Member

so is there an actual way through which we can connect the ipod to a TV?
    please specify some details

6. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

So do you want to connect your Ipod or your Iphone to the TV. I am sure that there must be some way to do so. I would also be interested in hearing more information about this.

7. joeknows

joeknows Active Member

There is indeed a way to connect them to a TV. I have seen both the docking stations (expensive) and the AV cables that you can use. I am just wondering which ones work the best. I know that the stations have remotes that you can use, but if the actual video quality is the same to the AV cables, I will go the cheaper route.