Texting from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by dmiller, Jan 2, 2009.

1. dmiller

dmiller New Member

Can anyone help with rumor or news about being able to use texting keyboard in horizontal (landscape) mode? I am using this news in final decision as to go/no-go with purchasing iPhone.

2. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

As far as the news from various sites. The typing is in vertical format and its in the form of a qwerty keyboard.But in any cases text messaging in an I phone seems to be a problematic one.

3. leighdu

leighdu Active Member

This has been my biggest debate in getting an iPhone. Just how problematic is it going to be? Everything else about the iPhone seems perfect except for this.

4. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

Will There Be A MacWorld Announcement?

MacWorld starts today. Apple has enjoyed making announcements of new products and new capabilities at this event because the media covers MacWorld so well.

I have no idea whether they will do so or not. I think your request is reasonable and I hope this does happen.

5. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

You know with every new item comes some sort of problems, whether they are with things you want to use or not. I think that I would take the words of other users more seriously and either wait on the phone until it is worked out or go with something else.

6. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

I think you should not consider this news. There are rumors everyday and when it comes to iPhone you can expect one daily. Therefore, just buy the iPhone and never care for these news/rumors.

7. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

What would you have to do to try to use the keyboard in horizontal mode for texting. Would you have to upgrade your phone or is it already available somehow?

8. stevefriel

stevefriel New Member

how to send group texting if group is already created

i have a group created but the phone doesn't seem to let me put in the group name for easy multi-person texting. any info out there?

thanks, steve

9. LurkingDanger

LurkingDanger New Member

I hear apple will be adding a landscape keyboard for all sorts of its own apps, with the introduction of firmware 3.0 :)

10. bangarunaidu

bangarunaidu Well-Known Member