iPhone 3G Sim Unlock - Release Tonight!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by cogbuddy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

According to the technology based blog, TechCrunch, the iPhone development team, consisting of a number of ethical based hackers will release a piece of software which will unlock the SIM for the iPhone 3G.

Many iPhone users have been awaiting a solution to free the iPhone's SIM slot, and tonight you may get it. Keep your eye out for the software codenamed yellowsn0w.

Will you purchase this software for your iPhone? I'm not sure how much it is going to cost (perhaps free?) but I will definately keep look out for it!

2. blue frog

blue frog Well-Known Member

I've Stayed Away From Unlocking Up Till Now....

If that is really true--meaning that i would have an alternative to AT&T--WOW! I would be quite interested. I cannot begin to list all of the ways that AT&T has fallen short of the service level that I need to have.

3. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

I believe it is true. You can see my thread over here which will give you a link to a step-by-step method to unlock your SIM for life. I agree that AT&T isn't the best, and I can't wait to switch over to someone better in the not too distant future!

4. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

Wow, this sounds like amazing news. Finally I get to get rid of the stupid AT & T, now only someone needs to guide me properly. :p

Does this also mean I can take it abroad and use other sims? Someone from India badly wants an iPhone and I can earn good if I can make the iPhone work in India.