Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by Walrusaurus, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

I know there's been a lot on this subject already, but I'm having some problems.

I jailbroke my iPhone 3g 2.2 yesterday and everything went very well. But after i downloaded a few themes/apps, it crashed. so i turned it off and attempted to turn it back on, but it wouldn't get past the pineapple logo. eventually, i put it into "Recover" mode, as it was the only way for me to turn it off. This morning, i restored it to the custom IPSW, and everything went back to working, apart from a few missing apps which i re-downloaded. The only downside however, and it's kind of a big one, was that i didn't get any reception, even after unlocking the SIM card, and it said i didn't have a carrier either. So I restored back to the original 2.2 firmware, and it's working fine so far.

Has anyone had similar problems?
    If you have any advice it would be great appreciated.

2. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

I have not had any issues like this as of yet, but am glad that you came and posted the information so that we are at least aware that it really could happen. Thank you so very much, I will have to keep a note about this.

3. ceprateek

ceprateek Active Member

Hi mate I too unlocked my iPhone and had similar problems. I reset all the settings and then things were fine. I think you should also reset and write after you have reset all the settings.

4. Walrusaurus

:)

Good to know.

I assume by reset you dont mean resetting the firmware, but the actual settings (if that makes sense) within the iphone.

5. maimo_87

maimo_87 New Member

;(

ok i have a question.... i try to unlock my iphone i went thrue the whole prosses until i saw the pineapple and i have to wait for the iphone to restart and i been waiting for a good 30 min and just dont pass fron that pineapple icon...... and my itunes cant read my iphone bc bfore i try to unlocked i have a passcode and i didnt took it off and my itunes say that i need to unlock the iphone so it can read it...... now i cant do anything to it i hold and press home and top botton and it turnd off but when i turn it on it goes to the same icon (pineapple) what can i do?

6. Walrusaurus

Put it into recovery mode, then restore it through itunes with the original firmware. I don't know if you will be able to re-unlock it, but at least you will be able to use your phone.

7. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

hey jus reset ur fone to all the previous settings... ull surely get ur problem solved!