iPhone 3G Jailbreak ???!?!?!??!?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone Newbies' started by Xx180xX, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Xx180xX

Xx180xX New Member

whenever I try to jailbreak with quickpwn on my iPhone 3G with the 2.2 firmware it always gets stuck on the apple logo when it reboots, then i have to restore everything and re-sync.

WHAT SHOULD I DO
    I really want to jailbreak my iphone

I'm running Windows XP
    on an iPhone 3G
    Firmware 2.2

2. Walrusaurus

Walrusaurus Well-Known Member

Try PwnageTool from the iphone devteam, worked for me :)

3. Walrusaurus

just make sure you do expert mode, as simple mode is only for the ipod touch. i also recommend looking up step by step instructions on how to do it.

4. jamesb

jamesb Well-Known Member

I must really sounds like a newbie guys so please forgive my stupid question. What is a jailbreak? I have never heard of it. Thank you for taking the time to answer me guys!

5. Walrusaurus

So,

Jailbreaking basically unlocks the iphone's software and allows you to download third party applications. things like changing the background of the phone, or the font, things like that which apple wont let you do. it does however void your warranty. if you want more detailed information, there are tons of articles that talk about the ins and outs of it.

6. cogbuddy

cogbuddy Well-Known Member

I highly recommend you read this tutorial on how to unlock your 3G iPhone. It gives you step-by-step instructions on how to make your SIM independant. It was created by the iPhone dev team and it's a piece of software called yellowsn0w.

As stated above, your warranty is void if you do this, so just make sure there is nothing wrong with your iPhone before you do it :p

7. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

Basically Jailbreaking is not unlocking.............Its much more different than that.It is risk free. Everything that works before jailbreaking continues to work after. Jailbreaking only adds features. Jailbreaking is risk free and cannot void your warranty. You can simply restore in iTunes at anytime to get back to a factory state.

8. warith4

warith4 New Member

How do you get the jailbreak, yellowsnow and quickpwn?