caller id

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by christoff, Dec 18, 2008.

1. christoff

christoff Active Member

i have an i phone 3g with 2.2 installed, if i want to put a caller id on the phone does it have to be jail broken to use cydia? sorry im new to i phone :)

2. descorpio

descorpio Well-Known Member

There are a lot of issues tied with the caller id.The phone does not correctly matches the caller with the caller id.There is some patch available..but that does not solve the problem permanently.There is not a fixed solution from Apple yet.You would have to wait till that.

3. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

Now this is freaking sad. Such an high end phone, and Caller ID? You must be kidding me, but I know you aren't, even my iPhone can't.

Apple needs to fix these nitty little things. I mean, I bought an iPhone because it seemed a finished product, something made with a lot of thinking, planning etc. But when it has issues like this it really puts me off tbh.

4. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

You know there are so many issues, that it would not hurt to try and use the basics and then redo most everything else. What do you think they should do about all these issues.

5. halogen19

halogen19 Active Member

Well they should probably research and test things a bit more before "pushing" them to the market due to pressure. A good product will always be appreciated by the public, regardless of when it comes. A thing like iPhone had such potential but it was full of bugs. Yet it sell so much. Imagine its sails if it had been the perfect thing by now.

6. cobalt.rednitaj

cobalt.rednitaj Well-Known Member

dude.. i wudnt suggest u the caller id stuff coz very often it doesnt show up the correct names or even sometimes doesnt show up the names!

7. attagirl2

attagirl2 Well-Known Member

But I think with most phones the caller ID only works when you have the person saved in the phone. I have not had a caller ID on any cell phone that worked as a land line caller ID does.

8. princee18

princee18 Well-Known Member

It must show the number even when the name is not saved in your phone but its true that it does show the numbers all the time and sometimes doesnt show anything.