Can you BLOCK incoming calls??

Discussion in 'iPhone Discussion & Support' started by smokeytl, Dec 20, 2007.

1. smokeytl New Member

smokeytl

I am getting these random calls from a number that seems to be a fax machine. When i call it back it sounds like a dial up connection. it even leaves me voicemail messages that just beeps as well... its getting really annoying since they're calling in the middle of the night and early morning!!

All AT&T said was to change my number, on the phone with apple now to see if they have a feature. any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused::confused:
  2. bangarunaidu Member

bangarunaidu

I am pity on you.
    Blocking unwated calls is a carrier specific but not the device specific, as of my knowledge no mobile offering this feature. Hope we can see in future this feature will available in mobile devices.
  3. smokeytl New Member

smokeytl

you are correct, it is carrier specific.. at&t says sometime early next year they will have an option to block calls.. now i have to deal with these calls since i cant change my number.

I also tred to add it in as a contact and set the ringtone to silent for that number but I don't see a silent option when i try to do so.. am i blind or is there an option to set a specific number to a silent ringtone?
  4. bangarunaidu Member

bangarunaidu

Hey, it is an interesting conversation, Apple should go thru this type of discussions so that they will understand the requirements well.
    Ok coming to your question I am sorry to say that there is no option to make silence for a specific call.
  5. bangarunaidu Member

bangarunaidu

6. smokeytl New Member

smokeytl

Thanks Bang,
    yep just installed and works great!! finally!! :)
  7. MCleaner New Member

MCleaner

8. PMC New Member

PMC

AT&T new feature

You can now block incoming or outgoing calls on your iphone. AT&T added the new feature. It's under parental controls. For $4.99/month. Follow directions to do so.....VERY simple. The feature also lets you set limits on texting times and usage amounts.....internet content......etc.
  9. Chris New Member

Chris

blocking calls with parental controls

hi. could you explain in more detail the steps to block calls with parental controls? i couldn't find this in settings and i'm not sure where else to look. thanks.
  10. Chris New Member

Chris

call blocking with iphone

Hi. Does anyone know is iBlacklist available in the app store? can it only be purchased outside the app store? If so, is it hard to install? Thanks everyone.